Sunday, January 9, 2011

My New Scooter


I am happy to announce that I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Peugeot 50cc scooter! I love the way it rides and it works perfectly for my purposes of getting to work and back easily. Now I am able to laugh at the hill I used to struggle up on my bicycle. The scooter came with a free helmet and I bought a heavy duty chain lock that will hopefully prevent someone from stealing this vehicle from me. Here are some pictures of it parked across the street from my hostel.


3 comments:

  1. Are you able to put that heavy-duty chain thru part of the scooter FRAME? We're afraid that someone may remove the wheel and then take the scooter. MITZI

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the most heavy duty lock (and longest lock) they available... Unfortunately the frame around the front wheel of this scooter is pretty thick and the chain doesn't completely close when wrapped around it. I've been looking out for a hardware store in the area that might have a standard chain and lock that could reach all the way around.

    I'm still shocked to see that most people don't lock up their scooters at all! At this point I'm hoping that there aren't any organized scooter thieves in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful that you have found a way to enhance your mobility in spite of the lack of mass transit.

    ReplyDelete