Thursday, January 6, 2011

Holiday Trip


Even though I had been to Paris (with family) and London (solo) once before, splitting time between the two cities over the last week and a half  with my girlfriend allowed me to experience them in a different way. Because I kept my museum visits brief for Katelyn’s sake so as not to spend an entire day inside, we spent much more time enjoying the street life at all times of the day and we were able to visit a few sites that I hadn’t been able to hit previously.


One must see museum stop for us was the Parthenon marbles collection in the British Museum.


Two of the new sites that I was able to see for the first time were Sacre Coeur and Versaille.

One of my favorite things about both capitals is how easy they are to navigate. Just loading up an Oyster Card in London or getting a few day passes in Paris gives you access to the entire city on a robust network of metro lines.

A favorite highlight of the trip was fireworks on New Year’s Eve around the London Eye on the Thames.


After spending the majority of my Christmas day alone in the Larnaca Airport and not seeing my girlfriend for over three months, you can imagine that I made the best of every moment during the last week and a half. My relatively* lonely Christmas was completely saved by Katelyn.



*Rachel and Nikos deserve all the credit for the term “relatively” lonely Christmas because they were gracious enough to have me over for veggie panini’s and gifts on Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment