Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Arrival and a New Residence

Despite the residual winds of Hurricane Katia's path through the UK, I landed safe and sound in the Belfast City Airport on Tuesday. Since I arrived I've been busy with International Student Orientation events and connecting with my host counselor at the Belfast Rotary Club.

Unfortunately, this means I have very little exploring to speak. That said, the small amount I have seen is absolutely beautiful. I will post pictures of the campus in a future post but here is are some pictures of my housing on Mount Charles, just north of campus.



The street has monitored car parking and is only open from one side leaving a primarily pedestrian walk down the long row of row houses that have been subdivided for offices and student housing. My room, as you can see above, has wonderfully tall ceilings and a massive double hung window. I have a sink immediately left of the photo inside my room and a shower right around the corner outside of my door. I live on the second floor (third floor if Ground Floor is called First Floor).





The rest of the block is lined with trees and additional housing, which looks as though it has been renovated recently or was built at by someone else. The beautiful brick elements similar to those seen in the second and third pictures from the bottom are all over the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment