Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wednesday, August 19th - Chania































I woke up early the next morning to go for a swim in the Mediterranean. It would have been a crime not to take advantage of the location of my hotel! After breakfast, I caught the bus to Chania and spent the day walking around its old town. The fortification was less pronounced in this town, and the labyrinth-style streets extended outside their boundaries. The waterfront is lined with beautiful Venetian townhouses.

As the day came to an end, I went to the adjacent port of Soudas to board my ferry to Piraeus (Athens). The trip is overnight (9-5:30) and I am in an airplane style seat. We’ll see how this goes, but after not getting very much sleep the last few nights I have high hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment