Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday, July 10th - Pictures and Notes

As hopefully you see below, I have posted pictures that are relevant to each of the posts I've made. I'm having a lot of issues with formatting the blog correctly, but they should all be there despite the text being squished at times. If you click on the images you should be able to see them full size. The Panorama got cut off in one of the posts so make sure you click on it to get the full picture.

Cyprus is ridiculously hot! it says it's around 95 degrees, but feels like 102 and may have been a bit worse a few hours ago... I'm planning on heading into the old city tonight to do some exploring on the other side of the green line by myself. I think this is important to get my own perspective on things before I tour it with the two professors I'm staying with for their opinions and further detail.

We had dinner in the Old City (walled city) last night at a great restaurant. It was in a renovated building in the old city and had a pretty young crowd. The entry was covered with books that you could pick up and read while you're there. I was quite tired though and ready to sleep after a long day in transit yet again.

We try to stay as efficient as possible here in the apartment leaving windows and doors open all the time. If the building was turned 90 degrees, there would be a constant breeze blowing through... Unfortunately it's not as strong and it stays humid in the rooms. There are A/C units in each room but I'm going to try to not use it as much as possible. We'll see how long that lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment