Friday, June 19, 2009

Introduction

Though many of you believe I'm simply gallivanting throughout Greece, I will actually be learning a few things along my adventure. My trip, which will extend from 6/21 to 8/26 will include four countries. Three of them, Cyprus, Bulgaria, and Israel are new to me but have been researched extensively.

Probable Itinerary:
June 21-22 - Fly to Thessaloniki, Greece
June 22-July 2 - Stay at the Monastery of Hagios Ioannis in Prodromos, Greece (near Serres)
July 2 - Travel by bus to Sofia, Bulgaria via Thessaloniki
July 2-6 - Stay in Sofia, Bulgaria
July 6 - Fly from Sofia, Bulgaria to Larnaca, Cyprus
July 6-9 - Stay in Paphos, Cyprus (birthplace of Aphrodite)
July 9 - Aug 10- Research in Nicosia, Cyprus (with side trips to Famagusta, Troodos Mountains, etc.)
Aug 10 - Fly to Tel Aviv, Israel
Aug 10-17 - Stay in Jerusalem, Israel
Aug 17 - Fly from Tel Aviv, Isreal to Heraklion (Crete), Greece
Aug 17-19 - Stay in Crete, Greece (with trips to Heraklion, Knosos, Rethymnon, Chania)
Aug 19 - Travel from Crete to Piraeus, Greece by overnight boat
Aug 20 - Take the hydrofoil to Hydra, Greece and return to Piraeus, Greece in the evening. Overnight in Athens, Greece
Aug 21-23 - Travel to Meteora, Greece by a morning bus arriving there in the afternoon. Overnight in Kalambaka
Aug 23 - Travel to Thessaloniki, Greece.
Aug 23-26 - Stay in Thessaloniki (with possible side trips to Vergina, Kastoria, or Dion)
Aug 26 - Fly to Chicago

I'll try to update as consistantly as possible as I want to have this work as a personal travel log as well as keeping you all up to date with how my trip is going. Feel free to comment on the posts or email me if you have any questions and I'll try to respond in a timely manner.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment