Monday, December 6, 2010

Stolen Bike!

I have a crime to report. Friday night, sometime between 6pm and 11pm in Nicosia south of the Ledra Palace Hotel Checkpoint my bicycle was stolen. After enjoying a dinner with some fellow Fulbright students, I arrived at the crime scene to find my bike and helmet gone and fragments of my lock scattered on the ground… I suppose this shows that I had a faulty piece of security equipment. The whole situation is angering and shocking to me not only because that bicycle was my only method of personal transportation, but because I never expected this to happen in a community that does not bicycle and, from my experience and understanding, does not steal (especially near a UN controlled checkpoint). It’s unfortunate that I must now be so guarded about my belongings…

No comments:

Post a Comment